12 Ways to Make an Impact
Want to change the world this holiday? It’s easy to do. As you go about your regular to-dos, get-togethers and events, just add an element of giving to your day.
So whether you’re holiday shopping, outside building a snowman, or warm and toasty inside baking cookies, you can turn everyday holiday moments into ones with impact. Here are 12 ways you can re-imagine your holiday:
- Going shopping? Choose socially conscious gifts.
- Baking at home? Make an extra batch for your community center.
- Out grocery shopping? Pick up an extra can for a food drive.
- Throwing a party? Ask guests to bring winter coats to donate.
- On vacation? Try to leave a positive impact on the place you visit by shopping local and respecting the environment.
- Setting up your lights? How about shoveling a neighbor’s walk?
- Sending out your yearly cards? Write an extra one for a veteran.
- Opening up your advent calendar? Do a reverse one, where you create a basket of items to donate.
- Office potluck? Switch it up and do an office outing to a soup kitchen.
- School choir concert? Head outside and raise donations as you sing.
- Gift-shopping? Consider donating an extra gift to your local toy drive.
- Toasting the season at a restaurant? Share your gratitude by adding a little extra to your tip.