Your Gift Is The Best Present
Gifts and the holidays go hand-in-hand, but today we’re not talking about the kind you wrap up—we’re talking about the ones you were born with. The ones that make you, you.
Everyone has a set of unique gifts. Just think about your circle of friends and family. You may know a great listener, the one you go to when you’ve had a bad day. There’s always the great storyteller or funny joker, who you can always count on for a chuckle. And there are people who are generous with their time (they’re the ones you call when you need help moving!).
So what’s your gift and how can you put it to good use this holiday? Here’s a few ideas to get you going:
- If you’re an A-type organizer, lend that skill to a shelter that could use some holiday tidying and decorating.
- If you have an arsenal of good jokes, visit the hospital to spread some good vibes.
- If you and your family love baking, neighbours and community centers always welcome treats
- If your office whistles while at work, why not kick off some caroling?
- If a group of students loves writing stories, visit your local retirement home to swap some stories and spread good cheer.
It’s true that opening up a present is really nice, but being treated to a personal gift, one that didn’t cost money, feels absolutely wonderful. This season, consider sharing your special gift to help make the season extra-special.