Show Your Community Some Love
For some the holidays are the best time of the year, but for many they can be the loneliest. All around us are people who are without family or friends. Many are elderly, new to the country or simply alone. Many are our neighbors.
Take this time of the year to join your community, meet new neighbors, and get to know some of the people you pass on the street every day. Through your connections you’ll discover who around could use a little extra TLC this season.
There are so many ways to bring comfort to people’s lives this time of year. Here are a few ideas to get you inspired:
- Poll your friends to find out if anyone needs a place to celebrate over the holidays.
- Visit your local retirement or nursing home with handwritten cards.
- Reach out to community centers to see if you can pitch in over the break.
- Bake cookies for your neighbors.
- Just say hi and happy holidays more often—you’d be surprised how the simplest actions can make the biggest difference.