Travel the ME to WE way
Other travel companies tell you to get off the beaten path. At ME to WE, we want you to stay on it. The most immersive experiences happen not on a path taken by tourists, but those walked by locals. It’s the trail through the rainforest from a mother’s home to the river, where she collects water for cooking; the dirt road that students run along after school, kicking a soccer ball as they go; or the bustling local market where artisans sell their wares.
In Ecuador, Kenya and India, ME to WE partners with WE Charity to bring its holistic and sustainable development model to life. We’ve built deep and meaningful connections with our local community partners, who have invited us into their homes, traditions and lives—and, in turn, that invitation has been extended to our travelers. Travel with us and you won’t just trek stunning landscapes, you’ll also meet the people and share in the experiences that make these places home.
Trip pricing starting at $3,895 USD per adult.
What sets us apart
ME to WE Trips are unlike any other travel experience. Here’s why:
- Through our sister organization, WE Charity, we have been partnering with local communities for more than two decades.
- ME to WE has built deep, longstanding relationships with our community partners.
- Every day of your trip, get to know the local people—not just their names, but their families, their traditions and, most importantly, their stories.
- Understand the impact of your trip—not just through the words of community members who have worked with WE for years, but through firsthand experience, as you take part in their daily lives, whether you’re hiking through the jungle with your local guide, learning a traditional beading technique from a Maasai Mama, volunteering on a sustainable development project or anything in-between.
Where we travel to
At ME to WE, we believe the best travel experiences are found in the people you meet while on the ground—that’s why we choose to travel only to countries where we have deep roots and longstanding relationships with our partner communities. Each destination offers unique opportunities to get to know the people who call it home.
- Kenya: Follow in the footsteps of the Maasai and Kipsigis communities. Try rungu throwing with warrior guides, walk for water with Maasai mamas or visit the students of the Mara’s first all-girls high school.
Prices starting at $4,395 USD per adult.
- India: Escape the hectic cities often associated with India and take in the rural countryside of Rajasthan. Make chapati with local women, meet families of artisans carrying on traditional arts and practice yoga with spiritual guides in the valley of the Aravalli Mountains.
Prices starting at $3,995 USD per adult.
- Ecuador: Walk the Amazon with Quichwa guides, travel the Rio Napa by canoe, learn to weave plants from the jungle floor into fabric or harvest cacao and turn it into chocolate.
Prices starting at $3,895 USD per adult
Where you’ll stay
At the end of each adventure-filled day, your accommodations at Bogani Cottages and Tented Camp—situated on the edge of the Maasai Mara National Reserve—await. With design inspired by the African savanna, these accommodations feature wood-burning fires, exposed-stone showers, and covered outdoor dining.
Nestled in the valley of the Aravalli Mountains, Araveli Cottages and Tented Camp are an oasis in the Indian countryside. Wake to the echo of bells from the small temples nearby, spend the day exploring the many walking trails around the surrounding mountains and lakes, and retreat every evening to your relaxing accommodations, framed by the pink-hued Aravallis.
Feel the rainforest coming alive around you every moment you’re at Minga, whether you’re venturing out for one of our immersive activity offerings or relaxing in your private cabin. The lodge property has several walking paths, small ponds and beautiful gardens to explore. Enjoy dinner and a beverage in our covered outdoor dining pavilion, with views of the Napo River and the mountains in the distance.
Learn more about our trips
We’ll send you everything you need to know! ME to WE Trips include it all—from safe accommodations and freshly prepared daily meals to language lessons and entrance fees to all activities—you won’t need to worry about anything.