Make a Difference as a Team
ALONGSIDE MAASAI AND KIPSIGIS COMMUNITIES
10 Days | Trips depart every Saturday
The rolling landscape is dotted with flashes of red from Maasai shukas, as the sounds of children playing and greetings of “jambo!” fill the air. Be welcomed into a community in the Maasai Mara, and immerse yourself in the region’s beauty as you take time to connect with local families and experience daily life in Kenya. Work together as a team on a sustainable development project and experience how this work helps empower communities to create a brighter future.
Watch for the circular patterns formed by traditional Maasai bomas while flying over the Great Rift Valley, before arriving at your team’s accommodations in the Maasai Mara.
Be welcomed into one of our partner communities, where you’ll have the chance to build team bonds as you connect with and work alongside local families throughout your trip.
Work alongside community members to help build a new school that will educate children for years to come.
Join the women of the community, called mamas, as they share their traditional craft of beading with you. Engage in lively discussions and explore how projects such as beading empower these women to earn a sustainable income and provide for their families.
Walk in the footsteps of a local mama on a journey to collect water from the Mara River.
Venture through the Kenyan savannah on an all-day safari, joined by your local guide.
- Nairobi arrival
- Meet your ME to WE Facilitator
- Transfer to your hotel, Karen Blixen Coffee Garden
- Full breakfast at Karen Blixen
- Visit the Kenya Giraffe Centre
- Fly from Nairobi to the Maasai Mara and arrive at Bogani
- Visit Enelerai Primary School
- Enjoy a dinner of local cuisine and Western favourites
- Join the mamas for a community water walk
- Share a lunch with the mamas
- Work on building a school alongside community members
- Visit an authentic Kenyan market
- Continue working on the school building project
- Visit Baraka Health Clinic and Medicinal Garden
- Watch the site progress on the school
- Bead with mamas in the Sikirar community
- Embark on a sunrise safari through the Maasai Mara
- Visit in the Indigenous tree nursery
- Shop at the ME to WE Duka at Bogani
- Meet the girls of Kisaruni Girls Secondary School
- Enjoy a sunset safari
Bogani Cottages and Tented Camp
Your team’s bespoke accommodations at Bogani Cottages and Tented Camp are furnished with all the comforts of home, including flushing toilets, electricity and hot running water. Private cottages and tents can accommodate groups of all sizes. Delicious meals are prepared daily by our chefs to suit all dietary needs and preferences.
Maasai Mara, Kenya
Begin your team’s volunteer adventure in Nairobi, Kenya’s capital city where bustling markets and urban culture thrives. Later, travel through the Maasai Mara, dotted with acacia trees and rolling hills, home to Maasai and Kipsigis communities. Nestled in the hills, find your accommodations at Bogani Cottages and Tented Camp.
Take action as a team
BY CONTRIBUTING TO THE
STORY OF TRANSFORMATION
Every ME to WE Trip takes place in a community where our renowned charity partner puts its 21-year history of holistic, sustainable development work. Show your company or organization’s commitment to global citizenship by giving your team the opportunity to create real change on the ground.
ME to WE trips are fully hosted and offer complete turnkey service. We included the following to ensure an easy and stress-free experience:
We Just Need a Little Information
One of our travel experts will email you a detailed itinerary shortly.