A dynamic and purposeful
TEAM JOURNEY TO THE AMAZON RAINFOREST
10 Days | Trips depart every Saturday
The vast Napo River winds through the Amazon jungle, framing shorelines enveloped by lush, emerald green forest bursting with tropical colours. Be welcomed into an indigenous community, and connect with families as you experience the joy and warmth of local culture. Join a minga—a Kichwa word meaning “the coming together of people for the greater good”—and work together as a team alongside community members on a sustainable development project.
Take in stunning vistas of the Napo River as you arrive at your accommodations in the Amazon rainforest.
Meet families in a WE Charity partner community, and hear the story of how Craig and Marc Kielburger witnessed a spontaneous and powerful community movement—a minga—that inspired the formation of ME to WE.
Join community members to volunteer as a team on a sustainable development project such as laying bricks for a new classroom.
Visit a local cacao farm, where you’ll see what goes into harvesting cacao beans straight from the jungle and experience how chocolate making provides a source of income to local families.
Be invited to the home of a local Shaman to participate in a traditional cleansing ceremony and blessing.
Explore the historic centre of Ecuador’s capital city of Quito—wander down winding cobblestone streets, admire Spanish architecture and take in spectacular views of the surrounding hills.
- Quito arrival
- Meet your ME to WE Facilitator
- Transfer to your hotel, the Rincon De Puembo
- Descend by road into the Amazon basin
- Take a motorized canoe down the Napo River to Minga Lodge
- Enjoy an orientation and overnight at Minga lodge
- Morning rainforest walk
- Meet community members
- Work on an infrastructure project
- Join a farmer to help carry out daily activities
- Continue the build in the afternoon
- Enjoy an optional wild Amazonian night walk
- Volunteer on the build site in the morning
- Experience a Shamanic ceremony
- Get hands-on weapons training in the afternoon
- Explore the Amazon rainforest with your local Naturalist Guide
- Then learn how to make chocolate at a cocoa farm
- Join our jungle guides for a traditional cooking lesson
- Finish your work on the development project
- Saying goodbye to the local community
Your team’s accommodations at Minga Lodge are furnished with all the comforts of home, including flushing toilets, electricity and running water. A tropical hideaway designed with its environment in mind, Minga Lodge is located on the edge of the Napo River and has cabin-style accommodations perfect for families and groups of all sizes. Delicious meals are prepared daily by our chefs to suit your dietary needs and preferences.
Begin your team’s volunteer adventure in Quito, Ecuador’s capital high in the Andean foothills that was constructed on the foundations of an ancient Incan city. Then, take a jungle river cruise up the Rio Napo to Minga Lodge, surrounded by lush tropical flora and fauna. Here, you’ll meet local families and volunteer together on a sustainable development project.
Take action as a team
BY CONTRIBUTING TO THE
STORY OF TRANSFORMATION
Every ME to WE Trip takes place in a community where our renowned charity partner puts its 21-year history of holistic, sustainable development work. Show your company or organization’s commitment to global citizenship by giving your team the opportunity to create real change on the ground.
ME to WE trips are fully hosted and offer complete turnkey service. We included the following to ensure an easy and stress-free experience:
We Just Need a Little Information
One of our travel experts will email you a detailed itinerary shortly.