Make a difference alongside
MAASAI AND KIPSIGIS COMMUNITIES
Starting from $4,395 USD per person – 10 Days | Trips depart every Saturday
Flashes of red from Maasai shukas colour the rolling landscape as sounds of school children laughing and greetings of “jambo!” fill the air. Find yourself immersed in the beauty of Kenya, as you spend time connecting with community members and experiencing what daily life is like in the Maasai Mara. Contribute to a sustainable development projects and experience how this work is empowering communities to create a brighter future.
Watch for the circular patterns formed by traditional Maasai bomas while flying over the Great Rift Valley, before arriving at your accommodations in the Maasai Mara.
Be welcomed into a ME to WE partner community, where you’ll have the chance to connect with and work alongside local families throughout your trip.
Work alongside community members to help build a new school that will educate children for years to come.
Join the women of the community, called mamas, as they share their traditional craft of beading with you. Engage in lively discussions and explore how projects such as beading empower these women to earn a sustainable income and provide for their families.
Walk in the footsteps of a local mama on a journey to collect water from the Mara River.
Venture through the Kenyan Savannah on an all-day safari, joined by your local guide.
- Nairobi arrival
- Meet your ME to WE Facilitator
- Transfer to your hotel, Karen Blixen Coffee Garden
- Visit the Kenya Giraffe Centre
- Fly from Nairobi to the Maasai Mara and arrive at Bogani
- Community orientation and learn about the work being done in the area
- Learn Swahili
- Join the mamas for a community water walk
- Share a lunch with the mamas
- Work on building a school alongside community members
- Visit the Mulot Market, an authentic Kenyan market
- Continue working on the school building project
- Visit Baraka medical Clinic and Medicinal Garden
- Watch the site progress on the school
- Meet the girls of Kisaruni Girls Secondary School
- Sunset Maasai cultural stories telling
- Embark on a sunrise safari through the Maasai Mara
- Continue your work and connect with the local community
- Bead with mamas in the Sikirar community
- Visit in the Indigenous tree nursery
- Shop at the ME to WE Duka at Bogani
- Enjoy a sunset safari
- Finish your build project and finalize the work site
- Learn about local medicinal herbs and train in the art of Maasai weaponry
- Depart from the Maasai Mara, fly back to Nairobi
- Visit the ME to WE Atelier for afternoon tea
- Day room and farewell dinner at the Tribe Hotel
Exclusive Trip for 2017: From the Mara to the Coast
Our newest travel experience immerses you in Kenya’s rich culture and landscape, from the rolling hills of the Maasai Mara to the pristine white-sands of Bofa Beach.
Bogani Cottages and Tented Camp
Your bespoke accommodations at Bogani Cottages and Tented Camp are furnished with all the comforts of home, including flushing toilets, electricity and hot running water. Private cottages and tents can accommodate families and groups of all sizes. Delicious meals are prepared daily by our chefs to suit your dietary needs and preferences.
Bogani Tented Cottages and Camp
Begin your volunteer adventure in Nairobi, Kenya’s capital city where bustling markets and urban culture thrives. Later, you’ll travel through the Maasai Mara, dotted with acacia trees and rolling hills, home to the Maasai and Kipsigi communities. Nestled among the hills, you’ll find Bogani Tented Cottages and Camp.
Contribute to the Story of Transformation
Every ME to WE Trip takes place in a community where our renowned partner, WE Charity, puts its 21-year history of holistic, sustainable development work. As a traveller, you’ll have the opportunity to create real change on the ground and help improve the lives of the community members you meet.