Explore a dynamic and colourful culture
AND CONTRIBUTE TO MEANINGFUL CHANGE
Starting from $3,995 USD per person for 9 days
Trips depart from North America & Europe every Saturday
Framing the soft pink horizon, the Aravalli Mountains—the oldest range in the world—surround the province of Rajasthan, a sundrenched landscape marked by towering white temples and wheat fields. With every turn, you’ll experience the vibrancy of Indian culture through the colourful sights of saris fluttering in the wind as women walk toward the marketplace to children shouting greetings of ‘namaste!’ and singing traditional songs as they play in the surrounding fields. Work alongside local families on a sustainable development project, helping empower communities to end the cycle of poverty.
Be captivated by spectacular views of pink-hued mountains as you arrive at your accommodations in Rajasthan at Araveli Cottages and Tented Camp. Relax on the veranda of your private cottage, furnished with all the comforts of home.
In a partner community nearby, engage with local families and take part in a Poja Prayer Ceremony. Every new build project begins with a traditional blessing to ensure its success and prosperity.
Work side-by-side with local community members on a sustainable development project like building a new classroom.
Immerse yourself in India’s unique and vibrant culture: practice Bollywood dance moves and prepare chapatti with women from a local community.
Walk in the footsteps of a local woman as she collects water for her family.
Explore Udaipur, known as the Venice of the East. Visit majestic temples alongside stunning lakes, and engage with local merchants in a colourful, bustling market.
- Late evening arrival into Delhi
- Meet your ME to WE guide
- Transfer to your hotel in Delhi for a restful overnight
- Enjoy breakfast at the hotel before heading to the airport for your flight to Udaipur
- Transfer from Udaipur airport to Araveli
- Settle into your new home for the week at Araveli Cottages & Tented Camp
- Learn about the local communities and WE Charity’s work in the region
- Wake up with a morning yoga class
- Learn a few words of Hindi to prepare you for the community welcome
- Start your volunteer building project
- Spend the morning with the women of the community to understand their daily chores of their life in rural India
- After lunch, you will have the chance to try your hand at traditional Mewari painting
- Return to the project site and continue to build
- Continue the progress you are making on your community project
- In the early evening, dust off your dancing shoes for some Bollywood dancing
- Spend the morning at the build site
- After a delicious lunch, relax at Araveli or join the staff for a cricket or volleyball game
- Spend the morning finishing up your build project
- In the afternoon, you’ll spend some time with the women and men of the community to learn more about their day-to-day lives
- Enjoy an exotic camel ride toward the Kumbhalgarh Fort, the world’s second longest wall housing years of rich history
- In the afternoon, enjoy a community farewell ceremony to celebrate your time together
- Depart Araveli for Udaipur
- Enjoy a morning of sightseeing before flying back to Delhi
- Relax in a day room
- Transfer to the airport for your flight home
Araveli Cottages and Tented Camp
Your accommodations at Araveli Cottages and Tented Camp are furnished with all the comforts of home, including flushing toilets, electricity and hot running water.
Private cottages and tents can accommodate families and groups of all sizes. Delicious meals are prepared daily by our chefs to suit your dietary needs and preferences.
Araveli Cottages and Tented Camp
Begin your volunteer adventure in Delhi, India’s bustling capital city. Travel to Udaipur by plane, known as the ‘Venice of the East’, a city surrounded by man-made lakes and islands. Two hours north of Udaipur, be welcomed at Araveli Cottages and Tented Camp.
Contribute to the Story of Transformation
Every ME to WE Trip takes place in a community where our renowned partner, WE Charity, puts its 21-year history of holistic, sustainable development work. As a traveller, you’ll have the opportunity to create real change on the ground and help improve the lives of the community members you meet.