Landscape and Culture
Starting from $5,295 USD per person for 12 nights/13 days | Contact us for departure dates
Start your extraordinary journey flying above the expanse of the Mara, where flashes of red from Maasai shukas dot the rolling landscape and herds of zebra and gazelle roam. Find yourself immersed in the beauty of Kenya, as you spend time connecting with local communities and experience daily life by sharing tasks and stories. Visit local WE Villages projects such as a high school and health clinic, walk for water with a mama, and contribute to a sustainable development project like a new classroom. Finish your trip with a retreat to the Kenyan coast at our Toriana Beach House where you’ll have a chance to relax and recharge surrounded by sandy beach and palm trees, as well as explore the region’s rich history and culture.
This extraordinary experience is two exclusive trips in one, combining a classic
Maasai Mara adventure with a rejuvenating beach retreat to the Kenyan coast.
Watch for the circular patterns formed by traditional Maasai bomas while flying over the Great Rift Valley, before arriving at your accommodations in the Maasai Mara.
Arrive at your accommodations at Bogani Cottages and Tented Camp.
Be welcomed into a WE Villages partner community, where you’ll have the chance to connect with and work alongside local families throughout your trip as you volunteer on a sustainable development project like a new classroom.
Join local mamas as they share their traditional craft of beading with you. Engage in lively discussions and explore how projects such as beading empower these women to earn a sustainable income and provide for their families.
Walk in the footsteps of a local mama on a journey to collect water from the Mara River.
Venture through the Kenyan savannah on sunrise and sunset safaris, joined by your local guide.
Retreat to Toriana Beach House on the Kenyan coast to refresh and recharge at the end of your trip.
Explore crystal blue waters on a Dhow boat excursion with spectacular views of the Kilifi coastline.
Take the Next Step
Speak to a travel expert today to start planning and book your journey
- Nairobi arrival
- Meet your ME to WE Facilitator
- Transfer to your hotel, Karen Blixen Coffee Garden
- Full breakfast at Karen Blixen
- Visit the Kenya Giraffe Centre
- Fly from Nairobi to the Maasai Mara and arrive at Bogani
- Community orientation and learn about the work being done in the area
- Learn Swahili
- Join the mamas for a community water walk
- Share a lunch with the mamas
- Work on building a school alongside community members
- Join the mamas for a community water walk
- Continue working on the school-building project
- Visit Baraka Hospital and Medicinal Garden
- Watch the site progress on the school
- Bead with mamas
- Sunset Maasai cultural storytelling
- Embark on a sunrise safari through the Maasai Mara
- Continue your work and connect with the local community
- Enjoy a sunset safari
- Meet the girls of Kisaruni Girls Secondary School
- Visit the indigenous tree nursery
- Shop the ME to WE Duka at Bogani
- Learn about local medicinal herbs and train in the art of Maasai weaponry
- Depart from the Maasai Mara for Toriana Beach House
- Take a sunset walk by the Indian Ocean
- Relax by our beachside firepit
- Treat your body and mind with a private yoga class
- Relax, recharge and enjoy beach life
- Go on a Dhow boat excursion
- Farewell barbeque dinner on the beach
- Travel back to Nairobi
- Visit the ME to WE Atelier for afternoon tea
- Day room and farewell dinner at the Tribe Hotel
Bogani Cottages and Tented Camp
Your bespoke accommodations at Bogani Cottages and Tented Camp are furnished with all the comforts of home, including flushing toilets, electricity and hot running water. Private cottages and tents can accommodate families and groups of all sizes. Delicious meals are prepared daily by our chefs to suit your dietary needs and preferences.
Toriana Beach House
A sun-drenched beach-side haven, Toriana’s very name is an expression that means balance and harmony. It’s a place to truly be yourself, where bare feet are the standard and conversations run deep and true. Discover the authentic coastal culture firsthand—enjoy fresh meals served on terraces inspired by local coral-brick architecture, jump into the warm waves of Bofa Beach, and visit internationally renowned sites like Gedi Ruins and Watamu Marine Reserve, where your worldview will grow just a little bit bigger.
Begin your volunteer adventure in Nairobi, Kenya’s capital city where bustling markets and urban culture thrives. Later, you’ll travel through the Maasai Mara, dotted with acacia trees and rolling hills, home to the Maasai and Kipsigis communities. Nestled among the hills, you’ll find Bogani Tented Cottages and Camp. Finish your trip with a retreat to Toriana Beach House on the Kenyan coast.
Contribute to the
Every ME to WE Trip takes place in a community where our renowned partner, WE Charity, puts its 21-year history of holistic, sustainable development work. As a traveller, you’ll have the opportunity to create real change on the ground and help improve the lives of the community members you meet.
Trip Referral Program
Do you know a friend or other family who would be interested in ME to WE Immersive Volunteer Trips? For every friend you refer who books an experience and places a deposit, you’ll receive a $250 WE credit that can be used toward ME to WE store purchases, future ME to WE travel experiences or donated to WE Charity projects.