See the world through the lens of the
MAASAI AND KIPSIGIS COMMUNITIES
Starting from $4,795 USD per person – 9 Days | Trips depart every Saturday
When you arrive in the Maasai Mara, you’ll be greeted with a warm “jambo!” from the welcoming communities. Experience what everyday life is like for the remarkable people who live there—from their joys to their challenges—and connect with them over these special, shared moments. From contributing to a sustainable development project to setting out on an African safari, each day brings a unique adventure—one you won’t find anywhere else.
Book today and save:
Group Departures Kenya
Discover Kenya through the eyes of the people who call it home.
Journey to the Mara on a multi-day safari, then retreat to the Kilifi coast at our private beach house—all at a discounted rate—in one truly unique experience.
For a limited time, get a discounted rate. Call 1.855.959.8330 for upcoming departure dates.
• Fly over the Great Rift Valley and look out for traditional Maasai bomas that dot the landscape below before arriving at your accommodations in the Maasai Mara.
Be invited into the communities that ME to WE partners with and connect with the local families as they welcome you with open arms.
Work alongside community members to help build a new school that will educate children for years to come.
Exchange stories and laughter with the women of the community, called mamas, as they share their traditional craft of beading with you. Explore how projects like beading are empowering these women to earn a sustainable income and provide for their families.
Walk in the footsteps of a local mama on a journey to collect water from the Mara River.
Venture through the Kenyan savanna on an all-day safari, joined by your local guide.
DAY 1 – Sunday
- Arrive in Nairobi
- Meet your ME to WE Facilitator before heading to your hotel
DAY 2 – Monday
- Visit the Kenya Giraffe Center and David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage
- Fly from Nairobi to the Maasai Mara and arrive at Bogani Tented Camp and Cottages
DAY 3 – Tuesday
- Meet local mamas and join them for a community water walk. Afterward, visit their “boma” or homestead and learn about their daily tasks
- Work on a sustainable development project alongside community members
- Explore a local primary school in a nearby community
DAY 4 – Wednesday
- Head out to a local subsistence market to learn more about the economic environment in which the community members live
- Meet students at Kisaruni Secondary School, an all girls high school built by our charity partner
- Visit Baraka hospital and learn first-hand from the doctors and nurses the impact access to quality health care has made on the surrounding communities
DAY 5 – Thursday
- Spend some more time on the build-site working on the development project
- In the afternoon, join local Maasai mamas as they show us the art of beading. Find out how they’re each earning a sustainable income through traditional artisan projects
DAY 6 – Friday
- Visit Oleleshwa farm to see the impact of WE Charity’s Food Pillar on the local community
- Join our local guides on an afternoon safari excursion
DAY 7 – Saturday
- Meet the women’s and men’s groups in one of our communities and learn how they’ve built up a support system to create an income for themselves
- Enjoy your final day on the build-site and say your farewells to the community
DAY 8 – Sunday
- Embark on a sunrise safari!
- Step into the shoes of Maasai warriors with a medicine walk and traditional Maasai weapons training
- Enjoy a traditional Nyama Choma dinner – Kenya’s barbecue
DAY 9 – Monday
- Take a short flight back to Nairobi and check-in to your hotel, where you will have access to a guest room to rest and recharge before your evening flight home
- Depart on your international flight home
Bogani Cottages and Tented Camp
Your bespoke accommodations at Bogani Cottages and Tented Camp are furnished with all the comforts of home, including flushing toilets, electricity and hot running water. Private cottages and tents can accommodate any traveler, families and groups of all sizes. Delicious meals are prepared daily by our chefs to suit your dietary needs and preferences.
Begin your adventure in Nairobi, Kenya’s capital city where bustling markets and urban culture thrives. Later, you’ll travel through the Maasai Mara, dotted with acacia trees and rolling hills, home to the Maasai and Kipsigi communities. Nestled among the hills, you’ll find Bogani Tented Cottages and Camp.
Contribute to the Story of Transformation
Every ME to WE Trip takes place in a community where our renowned partner, WE Charity, puts its over 20 year history of holistic, sustainable development work. As a traveler, you’ll have the opportunity to create real change on the ground and help improve the lives of the community members you meet.