Location : Toronto, ON
WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision
is to shift the world from “me” to “we.” Our mission
is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others.
seeks a Graphic Designer
to join our Creative and Communications department.
This individual must be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organization—the WE.org Philosophy.
The position is based out of WE’s office in Toronto.
What you bring:
- Act as a print and digital design member of a design team and report to the Creative Director
- Work with the creative department to take on graphic design tasks such as: brochures, multi-page documents, books, magazine, posters, marketing materials, logos and web components
- Carry out general office tasks, special projects and other duties as required
- Interact with external printers to receive competitive quotes and supply them with appropriate print ready files for production
- Graduate of a 3-4 year Graphic Design program
- 2-3 years experience working as a designer within an agency setting or related field
- Strong knowledge of print design and production
- Possess strong illustration, typographic and page layout skills
- Web designing experience and knowledge is an asset
- Positive and energetic attitude with the ability to work independently and as a team player
- Ability to multitask, manage and focus on a number of projects in a demanding and fast-paced work environment
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and maintain high attention to detail
- Flexibility to accommodate extended working hours if necessary as a dedicated member of the team
- Ability to take initiative and possess an outstanding work ethic
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills (bilingual in English and French languages is an asset)
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
What makes us unique…
- Excellent command of a Mac platform
- Adobe CS5 (Illustrator, In Design, Photoshop, Acrobat)
- Flash and Dreamweaver knowledge is an asset
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
Social entrepreneurs Marc Kielburger and Craig Kielburger co-founded WE and WE Charity (formerly Free The Children) 20 years ago and have grown it into a family of organizations, including WE Day and ME to WE. WE Charity was among the first organizations in Canada to turn philanthropy on its head by creating a legally distinct social enterprise, ME to WE. Through the social enterprise, 50% of the profits support WE Charity, while the rest is reinvested in the social enterprise.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.