Volunteer Program Coordinator, Take Action Camp
Location : Bethany Hills, Ontario
WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision
is to shift the world from “me” to “we.” Our mission
is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others.
WE –Making doing good, doable.
WE is seeking dynamic individuals to volunteer
at ME to WE’s Take Action Camp
, a social issues-focused week-long leadership camp that takes place over 8 consecutive weeks throughout the summer based out of Bethany Hills, Ontario (1.5 hours from Toronto). This position is to be filled with passionate, responsible, organized and confident individuals who will assist with a variety of different administrative and programming roles. Successful candidates should be knowledgeable about social issues, leadership skills, action planning, and have experience working on teams and directly with youth.
This individual must be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organization—the WE.org Philosophy.
The position is based out of WE’s office in Toronto
What you bring:
- Plan and execute camp programming including opening ceremonies, camp-wide challenges, meal time programs, and choice time. Time will be provided before camp and during training week in order to create and plan these programs and receive training.
- Program preparation and execution: creating and organizing supplies, materials, and tasks for programming (breakout groups, workshops and full-camp activities) as needed.
- Preparing for eight Toronto Take Action Camp weeks, which may include administrative and facility duties.
- Occasional tasks and responsibilities at the Me to We Leadership Centre, including: general facilities upkeep, cleaning, waste management (composting, recycling), gardening (picking vegetables, watering plants), etc.
- Professional Development opportunities will include: program development and execution, group management, facilitation, goal-setting, job-readiness skills.
What makes us unique…
- Be 18 years of age or older
- First Aid certification (CPR-C), valid until August 26th, 2018, is required
- Previous camp experience is an asset
- Proven ability to plan, create and deliver fun and engaging activities, where participants develop through experiential education techniques
- Ability to speak in front of, and interact effectively with, a variety of people from different backgrounds and ages
- Passionate interest in social issues and the motivation to continue learning more
- Has strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple responsibilities within tight deadlines
- Possesses excellent communication skills, and is open to giving and receiving regular feedback
- Exercises good judgment when working with youth and is a positive role model for young people
- Takes initiative, is confident in conflict resolution and is solution-focused
- Positive, flexible and enthusiastic, even under tiring or stressful situations
- Comfortable with physical activity and some lifting
- Writing, playing and/or performing a skill, and willingness to possible teach it - music, art, drama, sports, etc. is an asset
- Experience creating games and youth-focused activities is an asset
WE is a family of organizations making doing good, doable. WE Charity empowers domestic and international change. ME to WE is a social enterprise that creates socially conscious products and experiences to help support the charity. And WE Day fills stadiums around the world with the greatest celebration of social good. WE enables youth and families to better the world – supporting 2,500+ local and global causes by volunteering millions of hours of service, shopping daily with an impact, and raising millions of dollars that directly benefit their local communities and the world. Globally, our teams in Asia, Africa, and Latin America have provided more than 1 million people with clean water, built 1,000 schools and schoolrooms overseas, and empowered more than 200,000 children with access to education. WE was founded more than 20 years ago by social entrepreneurs, brothers Craig and Marc Kielburger. Join the movement today at WE.org
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.