Youth Volunteer Trips
On a Me to We volunteer trip, you will see the world through the eyes of newfound local friends in Free The Children communities, and see Free The Children’s unique development model firsthand.
Why Me To We Trips?
Step into a New World
Me to We Trips opens a world of learning and adventure. See fascinating places, become immersed in new cultures and truly see the world. Volunteer alongside local communities, develop friendships and support community development.Learn More
Nicaragua Trip Highlights
- Volunteer abroad and work on a school campus for children with limited access to education.
- Build and enhance leadership skills through global development workshops.
- Learn Spanish and volunteer alongside local community members.
- Gain first-hand experience of environmental conservation and rural development issues through guided hikes along volcanoes, walks through coffee and sugar plantations and workshops at our coastal retreat.
Ecuador Trip Highlights
- Volunteer abroad and help build a school for children who have limited access to education.
- Build lifelong skills through leadership and global development workshops.
- Experience remarkable biodiversity and gain first-hand experience with environmental and development issues.
- Take an unforgettable journey to the Cloud forest or Amazon rainforest.
Ghana Trip Highlights
- Help build a school for children without access to education.
- Learn the local Fante language and get a historical and modern look at the slave trade.
- Embark on a forest canopy walk, learn about indigenous species and spend the night in a tree house.
- Visit the historic Cape Coast Castle, a fort built for trade and later used during the trans-Atlantic slave trade.
Kenya Trip Highlights
- Volunteer abroad and help build a school for children who may never have set foot inside a classroom.
- Explore local villages, learn about traditional Maasai culture and take Swahili lessons.
- Engage with local students and learn about the unique way of life in rural Kenya.
- Participate in hands-on workshops and learn about poverty-related issues in Africa, as you experience them yourself.
India Trip Highlights
- Volunteer in rural India - help build a school in rural India, providing education to local children.
- Explore ancient ruins and visit historical sites, surrounding breathtaking Udaipur.
- Participate in interactive workshops to explore global issues.
- Play with local children and engage with community members.
Eco-Trip Arizona Highlights
- On a service trip with Me to We, take part in a multi-day environmental project to address community needs like water harvesting and habitat restoration.
- Harvest, plant, grow and use food from Windsong's organic gardens.
- Embark on a desert trek where you'll learn wilderness survival skills, camp in the desert and truly explore nature.
- Volunteer with a community food bank to help supply local families in need with healthy meals.
Do more on a Me to We Trip
Tangible leadership development equips participants with the tools they need to act on their newfound knowledge upon their return home. Participants take the lessons and skills they learned overseas and apply them when they return home.
Through interactions with community members, participants on our trips get to know people who lead very different lives than themselves. Our trips broaden horizons and encourage understanding.
Participants will discover the country they are visiting from a truly unique perspective. Understand the issues community members face through experiential learning with the community during the day and engaging conversation at night.
Our approach to genuine volunteerism means that participants learn about sustainable change through working hand-in-hand with the community on project-building.
you get on
a Me to We
Me to We trips unlock a whole world of life-changing experiences. Take our hand over the next few weeks as [...]
Over March break, when kids generally prefer to get as far from school as possible, a group of Vancouver students [...]
In the middle of a desert, for miles around you, the land is flat. In the distance you spot a [...]
Me to We trips unlock a whole world of life-changing experiences. Join us over the next few weeks as we [...]