On a Me to We Trip, you will see the world through the eyes of new found local friends in Free The Children communities, and see Free The Children’s unique development model firsthand.
Why Me to We Trips?
Step into a New World
Me to We Trips opens a world of learning and adventure. See fascinating places, become immersed in new cultures and truly see the world. Volunteer alongside local communities, develop friendships and support community development.Learn More
Pick Your Destination
Nicaragua Trip Highlights
- Volunteer abroad and work on a school campus for children with limited access to education.
- Build and enhance leadership skills through global development workshops.
- Learn Spanish and volunteer alongside local community members.
- Gain first-hand experience of environmental conservation and rural development issues through guided hikes along volcanoes, walks through coffee and sugar plantations and workshops at our coastal retreat.
Ecuador Trip Highlights
- Volunteer abroad and help build a school for children who have limited access to education.
- Build lifelong skills through leadership and global development workshops.
- Experience remarkable biodiversity and gain first-hand experience with environmental and development issues.
- Take an unforgettable journey to the Cloud forest or Amazon rainforest.
Ghana Trip Highlights
- Help build a school for children without access to education.
- Learn the local Fante language and get a historical and modern look at the slave trade.
- Embark on a forest canopy walk, learn about indigenous species and spend the night in a tree house.
- Visit the historic Cape Coast Castle, a fort built for trade and later used during the trans-Atlantic slave trade.
East Africa Trip Highlights
- Volunteer abroad and help build a school for children who may never have set foot inside a classroom.
- Explore local villages, learn about traditional Maasai culture and take Swahili lessons.
- Engage with local students and learn about the unique way of life in East Africa.
- Participate in hands-on workshops and learn about poverty-related issues in Africa, as you experience them yourself.
India Trip Highlights
- Volunteer in rural India - help build a school in rural India, providing education to local children.
- Explore ancient ruins and visit historical sites, surrounding breathtaking Udaipur.
- Participate in interactive workshops to explore global issues.
- Play with local children and engage with community members.
- Volunteer in China in a rural community
- Give English lessons at Free The Children schools in rural communities
- Explore some of the world’s most breathtaking cultural and historic sites
- Learn about the vast disparities within China’s economy
Do more on a Me to We Trip
Tangible leadership development equips participants with the tools they need to act on their newfound knowledge upon their return home. Participants take the lessons and skills they learned overseas and apply them when they return home.
Through interactions with community members, participants on our trips get to know people who lead very different lives than themselves. Our trips broaden horizons and encourage understanding.
Participants will discover the country they are visiting from a truly unique perspective. Understand the issues community members face through experiential learning with the community during the day and engaging conversation at night.
Our approach to genuine volunteerism means that participants learn about sustainable change through working hand-in-hand with the community on project-building.
you get on
a Me to We
Our #Tripstagram Photo Contest has come to a close! Thank you for submitting your beautiful photos taken on Me to We […]
Writing and photography by Ryan Bolton Ghana has a way of calling you back. Its vibrancy. Its palpable spirit. Its […]
Carlee went on two Me to We Trips to Kenya—below is a story she wrote about her experiences! “You will […]
Smiles. Dancing. Laughter. Music. And a sense of community pride. This was the scene that greeted Michelle Owens on her Me […]
Ever wonder who you’ll be travelling with on a Me to We Trip? Besides the other youth, you’ll also be […]