Take Action Camp
Not Your Typical Summer Camp
Me to We’s Take Action Camps are week-long, social justice-themed summer camps, designed to give young people leadership skills, confidence and peer support to improve not only themselves, but their world.
If you have questions or wish to speak with a member of our team, please call 416.964.8942 ext. 510 or email us at email@example.com.
Who can Participate?
Varying in age from 9 to 18, our participants come from around the globe, and spend their Take Action Camp experience learning leadership skills, exploring pressing global issues, volunteering in the local community and exploring their place within a worldwide social movement of globally conscious young people. At Take Action Camp, participants build incredible friendships that last a lifetime.
When and Where do They Take Place?
These unique adventures take place in the summer and are seven days in length. Take Action Camps are currently hosted at:
- The Me to We Leadership Centre in Bethany Hills, Ontario (approximately one hour outside Toronto)
- The Windsong Peace & Leadership Center, Arizona, USA.
Why Take Action Camp?
- Meet other young people who share your interests.
- Learn to think critically about local and global social justice issues and build leadership skills helpful for your future.
- Gain hands-on volunteer experience to make a real change in the local community.
- Build a connection with facilitators who have collectively traveled to dozens of countries.
- Find your passion and fuel the spark – we’ll support you with a plan of action beyond the end of camp.
Focus your Passion with New Leadership Streams
New this summer for participants fourteen and above, Me to We’s Take Action Camp is offering three advanced leadership streams that provide mentorship and skills in the following areas: Arts and Activism, Journalism for Justice and Social Innovation. Each stream will give a unique perspective on social justice issues, inspiring and encouraging participants to take inventive approaches to create change.
Take Action Camp Stream Schedule
*Streams run in conjunction with regular camp programming during the following weeks*
Social Innovation – Weeks one (July 7-13) and four (August 4-10)
Arts and Activism – Weeks two (July 14- 20) and five (August 11-17)
Journalism for Justice – Weeks three (July 21-27) and six (August 18-24)
If you’re interested in booking a stream, please contact us directly at 416.964.8942 ext. 510 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Book Your Spot for 2013!
Arizona Take Action Camp
- Arizona Camp 1: Sunday June 16, 2013 - Saturday June 22, 2013
- Arizona Camp 2: Tuesday June 25, 2013 - Monday July 1, 2013
Ontario Take Action Camp
- Ontario Camp 1: Sunday July 7, 2013 - Saturday July 13, 2013
- Ontario Camp 2: Sunday July 14, 2013 - Saturday July 20, 2013
- Ontario Camp 3: Sunday July 21, 2013 - Saturday July 27, 2013
- Ontario Camp 4: Sunday August 4, 2013 - Saturday August 10, 2013
- Ontario Camp 5: Sunday August 11, 2013 - Saturday August 17, 2013
- Ontario Camp 6: Sunday August 18, 2013 - Saturday August 24, 2013
Fundraising and Bursaries
Help you realize your leadership dreams.
The deadline to apply for the 2013 Take Action Camp bursary has passed. Please contact a Youth Engagement Coordinator to talk about how you can fundraise for your trip!
Download the Camp Fundraising Guide, a great tool to help you get started!
Research Shows that our Programs Have a Lasting Impact
As a result of participating in Me to We programming:
|93%||of youth intend to play a leadership role in social justice activities in their community.||66%||of youth felt they had experienced 'transformative' growth in their development as a leader.|
Even before Emily Burkholder finally arrived at Take Action Camp, she was “hooked” on everything Me to We. Her mother [...]
When Kory Melnick organized a fundraiser called Hopscotch for Hope at the age of 13, she never imagined it would [...]
Amidst deafening cheers, 12-year-old Sydney Brouillard-Coyle took the stage at We Day Toronto last fall, and, taking a deep breath, [...]
(Appeared in Girlworks April 27, 2012) — Discover how you can change the world this summer. Sign up to experience a week of [...]
(Appeared in Calgary Herald April 24, 2012) — For Summer Camps They have names that sound like reality television shows, and a mission [...]