Take Action Camp
Not Your Typical Summer Camp
Me to We’s Take Action Camps are social justice-themed summer camps, designed to give young people leadership skills, confidence and peer support to improve not only themselves, but their world.
If you have questions or wish to speak with a member of our team, please call 416.964.8942 ext. 510 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Book Your Spot for 2014!
Arizona Take Action Camp
- Arizona Take Action Camp 1: Sunday June 15, 2014 - Saturday June 21, 2014
- Arizona Take Action Camp 2: Tuesday June 24, 2014 - Monday June 30, 2014
Ontario Take Action Camp
- Ontario Take Action Camp 1: Sunday July 6, 2014 - Saturday July 12, 2014
- Ontario Take Action Camp 2: Sunday July 13, 2014 - Saturday July 19, 2014
- Ontario Take Action Camp 3: Sunday July 20, 2014 - Saturday July 26, 2014
- Ontario Take Action Camp 4: Sunday August 3, 2014 - Saturday August 9, 2014
- Ontario Take Action Camp 5: Sunday August 10, 2014 - Saturday August 16, 2014
- Ontario Take Action Camp 6: Sunday August 17, 2014 - Saturday August 23, 2014
Who can Participate?
Varying in age from 9 to 18, our participants come from around the globe, and spend their Take Action Camp experience learning leadership skills, exploring pressing global issues, volunteering in the local community and exploring their place within a worldwide social movement of globally conscious young people. At Take Action Camp, participants build incredible friendships that last a lifetime.
When and Where do They Take Place?
These unique adventures take place in the summer and are seven days in length. Take Action Camps are currently hosted at:
- The Me to We Leadership Centre in Bethany Hills, Ontario (approximately one hour outside Toronto)
- The Windsong Peace & Leadership Center, Arizona, USA.
Why Take Action Camp?
- Meet other young people who share your interests.
- Learn to think critically about local and global social justice issues and build leadership skills helpful for your future.
- Gain hands-on volunteer experience to make a real change in the local community.
- Build a connection with facilitators who have collectively traveled to dozens of countries.
- Find your passion and fuel the spark – we’ll support you with a plan of action beyond the end of camp.
Focus your Passion with New Leadership Streams
New this summer for participants fourteen and above, Me to We’s Take Action Camp is offering three advanced leadership streams that provide mentorship and skills in the following areas: Arts and Activism, Social Movements Through Media and Social Innovation. Each stream will give a unique perspective on social justice issues, inspiring and encouraging participants to take inventive approaches to create change.
If you’re interested in booking a stream, please contact us directly at 416.964.8942 ext. 510 or email us at email@example.com.
Fundraising and Bursaries
Help you realize your leadership dreams.
Here at Me to We, we understand how important the Take Action Camp experience can be in the life of a young person. That is why we offer a large number of bursaries to help ensure that as many young people as possible have the opportunity to attend, no matter their economic background. The deadline for the completed Take Action Camp Bursary Application Package is March 25 2014.
With support from Investors Group
Fundraising for Camp
We understand that fundraising can be a tough job, but know that you have a wealth of resources and an experienced team supporting you the whole way. If you’re ever stumped, just contact us for advice! Call 416.964.8942 ext. 506 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll bounce some fundraising ideas off one another.
There’s no day like today to get started. Download the Camp Fundraising Guide, for fantastic tips and resources.
Research Shows that our Programs Have a Lasting Impact
As a result of participating in Me to We programming:
|93%||of youth intend to play a leadership role in social justice activities in their community.||66%||of youth felt they had experienced 'transformative' growth in their development as a leader.|
(Appeared in CTV Canada AM) — 10-year-old blogger Hannah Alper offers tips for other kids who might be feeling nervous about going […]
Even before Emily Burkholder finally arrived at Take Action Camp, she was “hooked” on everything Me to We. Her mother […]
When Kory Melnick organized a fundraiser called Hopscotch for Hope at the age of 13, she never imagined it would […]
Amidst deafening cheers, 12-year-old Sydney Brouillard-Coyle took the stage at We Day Toronto last fall, and, taking a deep breath, […]
(Appeared in Girlworks April 27, 2012) — Discover how you can change the world this summer. Sign up to experience a week of […]