Safe Schools and Bullying Prevention
Educate and empower students to effectively combat bullying and promote a school culture of inclusivity, equity and diversity. Taking a holistic approach to the issue of bullying, our unique programs also focus on working with youth who have been identified as bullies.
Stand Up!: Promoting a positive and inclusive school climate
Focusing on themes of inclusivity and prevention and response to bullying, the Stand Up! program promotes the development of relationships between students, educators and the community, as well as a collaborative approach to building systematic cultural change in schools.
- Promotion of a positive and inclusive school climate
- Tangible steps for prevention, recognition and reaction to bullying
- Creation of safe spaces within schools
- Increased connections amongst students and teachers, administration and Safe Schools Teams
- Empowered peer mentors for other students in the school
- The creation of a sustainable, school-focused action plan to support student safety and inclusion
Ideal for participants who:
- Have been identified as either a traditional or non-traditional leader and have a high level of social influence
- Are passionate about their school and community
- Would be a great mentor if provided the skills and opportunity to do so
The Stand Up! program is best delivered through a 45 minute school-wide speech, followed by 3 workshops, allowing for multiple touch points between participants and facilitators.
Entire student body is invited to 45 minute speech. Workshops can accommodate 8 – 25 youth per workshop, with the option to duplicate workshop for larger audiences
Power to Change: Practical steps towards positive leadership
Power to Change is a unique and intensive leadership retreat and development program designed for students with a history of relational aggressive behavior or who have been identified as “bullies.”
The program is designed to empower these students to make positive life choices and realize their full potential as leaders to serve in their local and global communities.
- Focus on patience and problem solving skills in positive and healthy ways
- Increased focus on positive communication
- Increased network of support for students
- Personal action plans focused on personal growth and development
- Greater understanding of positive and negative influences
- Self awareness around personal triggers and strengths
- Skills around channelling leadership and how to use influence positively
- Exercised team building and cooperation
Ideal for participants who:
- Exclude others from social activities
- Exhibit a lack of empathy for others
- Have been identified as a social or physical ‘bully’
- Have a history of negative behaviour in a social setting
The Power to Change program is best delivered through 2.5 consecutive days (overnight) at the Me to We Leadership Centre in Bethany Hills, Ontario (approximately one hour outside Toronto), or at any retreat center made available by the client.
Can accommodate 30-60 youth total, with the option to combine participants from various schools within your school board.
To learn more about, or book your school for the Stand Up! or Power to Change, give us a call at 1.416.964.8942 x717, 1.877.638.6931 ext. 717 or fill out our request more information form.