At Me to We, we’re a family of passionate social entrepreneurs committed to transforming consumers into socially conscious world-changers, one transaction at a time.
By offering ethically manufactured products and inspiring leadership experiences, and by financially supporting the work of Free The Children with every purchase made, we work to build a world where best business practices meet social awareness.
And the bottom line is measured not by dollars earned, but by lives changed.
10 Reasons to Join Our Team
1. A visionary social enterprise that offers products and experiences that empower consumers to change the world.
2. A cutting-edge social enterprise that supports the work of charity partner, Free The Children, and its 20-year history of sustainable development.
3. Half of Me to We’s net profits are donated to Free The Children. The other half are reinvested to grow our social enterprise.
4. We employ Maasai mamas in Kenya to create handcrafted accessories, empowering them to provide for their families and transform their communities.
5. Our Track Your Impact promise means consumers can see exactly how the purchase of a Me to We product creates a tangible change in a community where Free The Children works.
6. Me to We Trips offer travelers the unique opportunity to support sustainable development and to connect with local learners and leaders in seven countries, discovering themselves along the way.
7. A community of creative entrepreneurs who contribute meaningfully to a one-of-a-kind social change movement and a celebrated corporate culture.
8. Stellar opportunities for growth, including professional development, coaching and mentorship from corporate and charitable leaders. Also, free snacks and ping-pong.
9. Dynamic leadership by social entrepreneurs who encourage the team to learn on the job, rise to incredible opportunities and empower a generation to shift the world from “me” to “we”.
10. An enviable brand supported by social entrepreneurs like Sir Richard Branson, Unilever CEO Paul Polman and Magic Johnson, and celebrity ambassadors like Nelly Furtado, Demi Lovato and Natalie Portman.
Our One-of-A-Kind Culture
When you join the Me to We family, you become part of a one-of-a-kind social change movement and a celebrated corporate culture.
We believe we can transform the world by shifting our focus from thinking "me" to acting to "we"—and that belief shapes everything we do.
Me to We transforms people into world-changers, one action and experience at a time. We offer ethical and environmentally-friendly clothing, jewellery and books, as well as life-changing experiences including volunteer trips overseas, speakers, workshops and camps.
You can help us build Me to We behind the scenes using your business savvy to work with clients, edit books and design T-shirts. Or perhaps you’d like to work on the frontlines running workshops, facilitating trips or engaging with new travelers.
We look for one singular quality above all else: a passion for social change.
We provide recent graduates with remarkable opportunities for growth. And we welcome mid-career professionals looking to share their valuable skills as leaders and mentors.
We work hard to ensure our team has the tools for success, including professional development with our in-house training team and mentorship from corporate and charitable leaders. Our staff career coach ensures that all those entrusted with leading a team get extensive training including people management and emotional intelligence training.
Does this sound like the right place for you?
No job is typical and no two days are alike. One day you might lead a group of young people in a global issues seminar, and the next find yourself on a plane to Ecuador or East Africa. We are seeking team players with that powerful combination of education, experience, engagement and energy. We empower you to empower others.
- We operate like a high-tech start-up — fast-paced, unstructured and creative.
- Our workmates become our friends inside the office and after hours.
- We seek work/life integration not just of work/life balance, which means we might leave early for yoga or pub trivia, but we’ll be back online later.
- We’re social entrepreneurs who believe in learning on the job, rising to the challenge and seizing the moment for maximum impact.
Salary and Perks
Entry-level employees start at an annual salary of $30,000, plus employer-paid health and dental benefits. You can also access perks valued at over $5,000, including 75-plus hours of professional development training sessions and skills-improvement workshops, in-house career coaching services and a staff trip to Kenya or Ecuador, where your on-the-ground costs are covered. Salary increases, depending on your role, position and experience level.
From Thai takeout for late nights, to professional development and mentorship from industry leaders, this is an innovative place to work.
- Full employer-paid health and dental benefits.
- Generous vacation: 10-12 days within your first two years and 15 days afterward.
- Flexible work hours: if you need to start late or leave early we trust you to get the job done.
- Birthdays off!
- Office shutdown during the holiday period between Christmas and New Year’s (and this time does not count towards your vacation days).
- The opportunity to facilitate a trip to Kenya, Ecuador, Nicaragua or China with a group of young people, a corporate team or a school.
- The opportunity to attend We Days, along with invites to staff socials, day trips, parties and musical performances.
- Opportunities to interact and learn from celebrity ambassadors.
- Special perks and experiences when working We Days across Canada, the US or UK.
- Mentorship, skills-improvement workshops and exceptional leadership opportunities.
- In-house career coaching services by expert facilitators and mentors.
- Our innovative two-week onboarding program.
- Coffee, healthy snacks and meals delivered right to your desk during busy periods.
- Onsite yoga, MOVE program, mindfulness classes, ping-pong, foosball and video game tournaments, bike racks, patios and barbeques.
- Staff-led groups including Green Team, a garden club, running groups and community volunteer experiences including We Read, a literacy program for local youth.
- A strong alumni network.
- Additional perks brought to you through our generous partners and sponsors, like free movie passes and concert tickets.
- Mid-career staff can embrace the rewards of mentoring young go-getters in a climate where change is possible.
Members of our management team have been recognized for their leadership by a host of national awards: Canada’s Top 100 Powerful Women, Canadian Immigrant of the Year, Top 40 Under 20, Top 20 Under 20 and Action Canada Fellows.
Join Our Team
We believe in a world as big as our dreams.
Sound like a place where you’d like to work? Lots of other people do, too.
In 2014, we received more than 8,000 qualified applicants. We look for the best of the best. Please tell us what you care about, what you have to offer and why you want to belong to our family and be part of our world-changing culture.
If you are applying from an accredited university for course credit, we will review your application. We do not offer unpaid internships.
|Consultant, Public Relations & Publicity||233 Carlton, Toronto||Public Relations|
|Manager, Retail Accounts and Partnerships||Toronto, Ontario||Consumer Engagement|
|Director, Sales, Me to We Trips||Toronto, Ontario||Youth Engagement|
|Manager, Inventory||Toronto, Ontario||Consumer Engagement|
|Manager, IT Project||Toronto, Ontario||School and Youth Coordination|
|Specialist, Marketing Communications||Toronto, Ontario||Corporate and Family Engagement|
|Associate Director, New Business Development||Toronto, Ontario|
|Coordinator, Trips||Toronto, Ontario||Corporate and Family Engagement|
|Director, Digital Marketing and Lead Generation||Toronto, Ontario|
|Specialist, Recruitment||Toronto, Ontario|
|Manager, Engagement||Toronto, Ontario||Corporate and Family Engagement|
|Specialist, Part Time Travel||Toronto, Ontario|
|Seasonal We Day Event Staff||Toronto, Ontario||Consumer Engagement|
|Coordinator, Sales||Toronto, ON||Youth Engagement|
|Manager, Leadership||Nairobi, Kenya||Leadership|
At Me to We, we value the diversity of people and communities and we are committed to excellence and inclusion in our organizations. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
We are committed to an environment that is barrier-free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.